Friday, July 22, 2005

The doctor's visit


Sorry that there are no pictures. We have a malfunction in our computer caused by a thunder storm tht happened while we were away. I have lost my high speed connection and the photos from Terry's fancy new camera have files to big for this slow system to upload.

I will be back in business on Monday and I will post our beautiful baby pictures then.

Mimi had her first doctor's appointment yesterday and she was such trooper. The doctor came in (she looks like Elaine on Seinfeld) and the baby immediatley began blowing kisses and holding out her hand to her(did I say she has come out of her shell?)

Auntie Suzanne came with me for moral and physical support and she really was a great help. Mimi was playing on the floor and wanting to climb on the tables while we were waiting.

The doctor said that Mimi is in the 75th percentile for head size(on the Chinese charts) meaning that she is nomal in that area(she has a large noggin). As far as her size and weight she is way below(25th percentile). The doctor bascially said that she will be a very tiny girl.

She is right on target with development and I believe she shows genius levels in many areas. For example, she understands many commands in English and responds with shaking her head yes or no. "Do you want peanut butter toast Mimi?" Yes."Do you want Uncle Randy to hold you?" No. I find that pretty amazing. When people spoke to me in Cantonese, I could not respond in such a way.

We also believe that she was in training for some kind of Chinese Acrobatic baby circus while she was at the orphanage. She climbs up on my shoulders and stands on one foot and points her toe. She puts a hardcover book on the floor, bends down, legs straight and puts her head on the book and prepares for a headstand. She feels most comfortable upside down...it is kind of eerie. She also is the only baby I have ever seen who can do the splits.

Anyway, the doctor said that she may have ringworm(there is a little rash on her scalp and hair loss in one place). But other than that she looks great. She is now one of the happiest baby's I have ever had the pleasure of spending time with. She is very charming and expressive and she can do mesmorizing baby stunts...who could ask for more/

We all went ot bed at around 6:30, she is adjusting to the time change much more than her parents. At about 4:00pm Paulina gets out of bed, she comes downstairs and plays with the baby as I sort of nod off sitting in a chair, pretty pathetic.

Her favorite words are Ba, baba, Ga, umma(mama),and Terry swears that she says Scooby Doo.

She has been receiving all sorts of lovely toys and gifts from her Auntie's and her favorite things are empty Ice Mountain water bottles and a string of pods, made into a necklace, from her Great Auntie M(the necklace is polynesian and means good luck).

Today we are going out in the jogging stroller for a view of the neighborhood. More later,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home