Sunday, June 19, 2005

We have our travel dates!!!!!

Today is Father's day and it has been a very busy few days. We got our travel dates on Thursday morning. We are leaving on the first of July and we spend 2 days in Beijing. We then go on to Guangzhou where we will finally be united with Miss Mimi.

We will be in China until the 14.

The agency rep said that she was shocked to receive our dates so quickly. I am in a panic trying to get a flight. We are using the agency travel company and we are presently on a waiting list. The fares online are in the $6,000 range. There will be no alternative but going by myself if the fare is $6,000. I am somewhat nervous about not having a ticket right now. We leave so soon, I am officially in a panic.

Terry and I went out to get some clothes for him for the trip. We were at the shopping mall and I stopped in a baby store to look at a stroller. I finally found some plain rubber balls that Mimi likes. I picked one out that was a ladybug and I put it on the windowsill next to her photo. While Terry and I were eating breakfast, the ball jumped off of the sill and came rolling towards me. This, I thought of course, is a sign.

We think that our "Gotcha Day" will take place on the fourth....this being my Aunt Muggins(Mary Margaret"s) birthday. Upon hearing this from mom, Muggins called us to say that she was leaving Mimi all of her jewelry. Aunt Muggins already feels an amazing connection to her namesake, it is very sweet and the timing of everything is very eerie.

More later,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home