July 1st-July 7th

Sorry to be so late updating the blog. We will provide more details later, but for now here are some highlights:
Flight to Beijing:
Very long. At one point Paulina threatened to commit suicide. The best movie on the flight, out of six, was Because of Winn-Dixie...enough said. Landed in Tokyo, went in a really cool restroom. Flew to Beijing on a wicked awesome airplane (got to pick our own movies).
Beijing:
Our guides name was Jason. He slowly tried to kill us. In our first full day in the city we had the pleasure of seeing the Forbidden City (very cool/very hot), and the Summer Palace (same thing as the Forbidden City just somewhere else - Paulina was not pleased). It was 112 degrees (or felt like it atleast). The food was very good - group style - complete with Lazy Susan's. We get to know our Travel Group - more details later.
The next day started with a bang. Terry and Paulina succeeded in atleast climbing some of the wall, while I stayed comfortably at the bottom (I'm a wuss). Next was the jade factory, where we purchased a Happiness Ball to symobolize our generations and generations of family. Finally was the foot massage. If you want to call it that. It consisted of us, sitting in chairs, while 6 young chinese girls beat the hell out of us. Terry enjoyed it while Paulina and I are scarred for life.
Flight to Guangzhou:
About 3 hours. I unfortunately drank what felt like 8,000 cups of coffee and felt sick the entire time. But, once we were grounded, I was kindof fine. It was "Gotcha day" (Paulina hates that term) and I was more than ecstatic. We had about an hour before going to the Civil Affairs office to pick up our lovely child. After nervously finishing the paperwork, I was more than ready. She was brought to us and was more beautiful that we could ever imagine - despite her incesent crying (I would too).
The White Swan
Bao Bao sleeps a lot, was only taking bottles, not walking, and not talking. Her constant meloncholy expression was depressing but we had faith of a turn-around. She immediately takes to me, while she kindof is okay with Paulina, and cries at even the sight of Terry. I am sure she will come around. As each day goes by she gets a little better. Last night I was able to get her to laugh, smile, and play with me while the others were sleeping. This morning she was eating solid foods and playing with her favorite spoon. Her personality shows more and more every day. We will post more pictures as soon as possible.
Mimi has to Oops
I'll be back later.
Jules.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home