Happy Second Birthday Mimi!!!!!!!!!!!




Two years ago today Mimi was born in Maonan, Guangdong Province PRC. We are celebrating Mimi's second birthday formally on Sunday. In the true spirit of my children, we began celebrating a little early. Our dear friend Gabe(Daybe to Mimi) came over yesterday with an incredibly special gift. Gabe gave her a guitar just her size.
This is not any run of the mill balsa wood,kids stunt guitar, but the real deal and Mimi is thrilled, she calls it a "tar'. She loves to play it and she is so happy to be able to stand and hold it(unlike Terry's guitar). Perhaps now Daybe will give her lessons.
I woke up this morning, went into Mimi's room and sang Happy Birthday. She is bewildered by the whole concept.Then the phone calls came, assorted friends and family members calling and singing this birthday song, she is even more confused.
I gave her a ball as one of her gifts. It is a ball within a ball and she loves it. We got on the bike and rode to the zoo to visit the penguins and kick the ball around. We went to a big open space and began to kick the ball and then security came over and told us"No Balls Allowed". I must admit I was a bit embarrassed. How could I forget the ban that occured in the 70's after kids were throwing golf balls in the Alligators mouth?
I had to hide the ball in our stroller and convince Mimi to do something else. We ran and jumped in a few puddles and we ate ice cream and barbecue potato chips.....as a birthday treat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home