Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Springtime for Mimi





Spring has sprung with Mimi. We have been somewhat hibernating all winter and now it is time to enjoy the new season.

Last week we went to the zoo twice. The first visit was with Mimi's "sister" from the orphanage, Miss Anna Zini and her mother Kathy. Anna's first visit to the Detroit zoo was great. It took us about 4 hours to see three exhibits because the girls were so happy to just run and play in the sunshine. Passers by kept asking us if they were twins, as I look at these phtos I realize how much they look alike.

The next day we took daddy to the zoo. We saw 3 animals in about 3 hours. Mimi would simply sit in the middle of the thoroughfare and say "seat, seat". The traffic would part and everyone would wish me luck in getting her to the next exhibit.

Mimi also has been playing with her new friend Annabelle. Annabelle is 2 in June and they hang out and dance to "Barney"(yes, you read this right"). We are beginning a music class with Annabelle and some other toddlers. I also have her in a tumbling class , and a play group at the library.

I knew it was time to get her out and socializing when she wanted to leave the house with a little girlscout selling cookies door to door.

I suppose there is only so much entertainment she can glean from her 41 year old mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home