Pure vintage Mimi



As anyone who knows me can attest, I have a thing about hats. When Paulina was little, I had her decked out in every sort of chapeau imaginable. I myself have worn many a hat and have progressed into vintage milinary.
With the status of being mom to a toddler, my hats were packed in beautiful Hudsons hat boxes (many given to me by Aunt Vicki)were packed down in the basement.
Recently while Terry and I were cleaning in the basement, I decided to take out some hats and see if Mimi would like to use them for dress up. She loves them and is always saying "hat" and pointing to her large noggin.
On Christmas eve we went to Beaumont hospital to visit our Nana.
Mimi was wearing her Chritmas coat and a red matching hat. While we were in the car, she removed her matching red hat and replaced it with a rather ornate, blue velvet number that looked like something Myrna Loy would have worn in "The Thin Man".
She even places it at a jaunty angle on her head(such flare). We walked through the hospital hallways and suddenly you could see the lifting of spirits. Sad patients who missed their families during the holidays were smiling, crabby employees that had to work the Holidays were smiling, she really perked up the joint.
We keep a pile of hats in a dress up bin in the living room so she can wander the house in style.
The blue velvet number stays in the back seat of the car for emergency glamour moments.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home