Mimi begins the Holiday season






Terry, Mimi , Michael and I went to the Eastern Market for our Holiday greenery last Saturday. We really love the Eastern Market. The hustle and bustle of it, the community feeling is so uplifting.
We then went ot our favorite tree lot and picked out Mimi's first Christmas tree. She basically played hide and go seek, hiding behind trees and jumping out at people as they walked by.
Sunday, Mimi, Paulina, Grandma and I went to see the Nutcracker Ballet at the Opera House. I was a little concerned about taking Mimi for a number of obvious reasons. We have been watching the video version with Baryshnikov and she loves it. She was wonderful in the theater. She was very quiet and then toward the end she got a little squirmy and started to talk. Jie Jie put her finger to her lips and then said shhhhhh very soflty. Mimi loved this, and began to shush pretty much through the last 20 minutes of the ballet.
I have been seeing the nutcracker every year since I was little, and I raised Paulina with it, so it was so wonderful to have Mimi embrace it as we have. She has been ballet dancing all over the house.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home