Monday, April 11, 2005

At the edge of our seat

We went to another waiting families meeting yesterday afternoon and there were 2 couples who had received their referrals.

They held up their tiny pictures and tried not to cry as they proudly told their babies' names in Chinese, their given "American" names , their Province and the name of their orphanage, birth date etc. Everyone in the room was filled with excitement and anticipation as we are all in the same place in the waiting game. There is a general attempt to grasp any rumor or information as to when we will receive our referrals.
Rumor has it that due to the Chinese New Year in March, the process has slowed a little and that we will probably be waiting a bit longer.

We also had lessons on how to behave while we are in China, the practice of gift giving(what is appropriate, what is upsetting), how to bargain when we shop table manners,and we were taught several phrases in Mandarin.

I have been practicing my Madarin a bit but it was then that I realized I had a long way to go.The instructor may have sold me on a Mandarin boot camp.

It is more than likely that our baby will be at least a year old and I am hoping that I will be able to help her feel better by speaking to her in sounds she is used to.
More later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home