Still waiting
Spring is here!
I am doing some travel preparations for our trip. I took Paulina for the remainder of her vaccines and I am making plans to get mine. Terry has travelled to China recently so he is all set.
I have been cooking Chinese cuisine at least 2 days a week to acclimate the family on the wonders of true Chinese food.
I joined 2 major online groups for support and information. One group is called Family's with Children from China, the other is called APC. Both of these groups are teaming with members all eager to share experience relay advice and generally chat.
I receive about 100 emails per day and I must admit I am addicted. I am grasping at any little piece of information I can get on the process and to find out who is receiving referrals and when their DTC was(Dossier to China). There are people who had a DTC at the end of October and they are due to receive news any day now. Our DTC is November 12, so we are not far behind.
The details of travel are my obsession right now. Packing the three of us up with preparations for an infant, travelling for hours and hours. My head is spinning.
Also in my research, I have read about a new phenominon of open adoption files in China. The thinking is that as the Chinese evolve, they will allow siblings of the adopted to view where the children are and make contact possible.
it is more than likely that our daughter will have a sibling and it may be possible for them to find each other in the future.
I am also having inner conflict on whether or not I should visit our baby's orphanage. Many parents seek out the place where their children were "found", in order to convey to them a connection to their past.
These are issues that I am mulling over.
More later

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home