We are almost there
Hi Everyone,
I have created this journal so that all of you savvy computer people can log on and share this amazing experience with us.
Just to update you briefly, We submitted our dossier(ie. incredible lot of complicated paperwork) on November 12.
The Chinese government has approved us and we now await our referral.
Basically what a referral is, is a picture and a physical, historical and medical history of our baby. We then have a short period of time to let China know that we accept our baby. We then prepare to travel to get her(commonly known as Gotcha day). We will fly into Guangzhou and then we will travel within China to her village, we will spend 2 weeks there.
I can't express the excitement and emotional roller coaster we are on as a family. Paulina and her friends have decided to name the baby Phoebe. Terry refuses to choose a name until he sees her little picture.
We have been teaching ourselves Mandarin from Pimsleur cds and we have painted the nursery. I am devouring reading material and buying books and music for her.
I am getting more anxious as the referral time gets closer. I think about her every minute and I am praying that she is being well cared for. I dream about her every night.
Please stay tuned and I will update everyone on the progress of our journey. Our travelling group is #112.
I will also post pictures as soon as I have them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home