Thursday, June 15, 2006

Davinci Code








Aunt Mimi and Terry both were catching up with the world in reading "Davinci Code".They would steal away with one another and disuss the clues... I was wondering, what " Ariel" from "Little Mermaid" has to do with Mary Magdeleine and Tom Cruise?

I had to begin reading, and like the reading tyrant I am , I read the book in 6 hours. I let my baby wander into the sea, I nipped the "family time" in the bud. I just needed to finish the book, in order to converse.

We all went through "Davinci Code" depression, when we were finished. Grandma, had read the book 3 years ago, like most people , and she brought her copy... for renewal.

Terry reads as many men do, when they are indisposed, so he took three months to get where Aunt Mimi was in a month.

I am a competitive reader and I felt left out, so I began Terry's book and then took grandma's. I would ask grandma" What is the relevance of the pope in this sequence?" She would just shake her head and say" I don't remember, I read this 3 years ago, like everyone else"

I have to say, we all would say, Dan Brown owned our house. My Dad was out of all conversation(unless Jerry Seinfeld,Ted Williams or Hockey came into conversation).Little Mimi loved "Der Whipe" (Disney's Snow White), and of course "Parent Trap".

Later, as I was walking the beach, I found out that a famous author frequents this same address during the winter months.

My sister and I were mortified to find that our books that have been left behind had been judged by a master. The titles usually had involved, lust,, priests,little people,the vatican,inbreeding, the holocaust and the man who perfected nail polish.


We really can be judged by what we leave behind.

Terry,Aunt Mimi and I are now reading "Angels and Demons" (3 years later)and it just isn't the same without sand and surf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home